Postcode: 4519 | distance to brisbane cbd: 80 km
Coochin Creek is a locality in the southern hinterland. Almost all of the locality's area is part of the Beerburrum State Forest. The abandoned township of Campbellville is within Coochin Creek.
James Campbell had a sawmill in Creek Street, Brisbane. Logs were cut in the Blackall Range and upper Caboolture River and hauled to Mellum Creek from where they were rafted down the Pumicestone Passage to the Creek Street sawmill. In 1881, James Campbell decided to establish a sawmill on the Coochin Creek near the confluence with Mellum Creek, from where the sawn timber was transported to Brisbane, initially via sailing cutter and from 1883 by paddlesteamer.
The township of Campbellville of around 100 people developed around the sawmill. There was a wharf with cranes and a provisional school and cemetery. Campbellville lasted until 1890 when the mill closed down. By that time, the North Coast railway line had made it easier to transport logs and timber by rail than by ship. The Coochin Creek Provisional School opened in November 1888, becoming Coochin Creek State School on 1 January 1909. In about November 1928, it was renamed Beerwah State School. On 10 July 1952, another Coochin Creek State School opened, but it closed on 11 March 1962.
There is a camping area off Roys Rd run by Queensland Government.